Saturday, December 15, 2007

Waking up slowly...

Last night for the first time in a very long while I was able to get 10 hours of sleep. It was amazing given our family situation and life stage. I was amazed at how different my day was--I was more patient with Mason and Aubrey, my bike ride felt better, colors seemed brighter, etc. It's truly remarkable that something so natural as sleep can have such an effect on me. 

I realized that my sleep situation is a lot like my walk with God right now. I don't set aside time with him, and the sweet times are few and far in between. I wonder how many more things would stand out if I spent more time with him. I know he is and has been protecting, guiding, and providing for us in the midst of this crazy time. It's been really hard for me to receive those things with joy, because I have been so tired and worn out. During these last couple months I have sensed his hand at work, but have just not had the energy to really process it all. It has made me feel guilty, but I know that it's just the season of life that I am in, and that there will be time to look back and process all that he has been doing in our lives.

So far this school year has been one of glimpses. God has given me glimpses of a lot of things, but not the full picture. It's been very encouraging and frustrating at the same time. I have wanted to see the full picture, but know that I don't have to stress and worry and try to make it happen on my own. The glimpses that I have seen in the past have become full pictures only by His hand at work in my life. That's very encouraging. 

No comments: