Monday, March 24, 2008

The Newness of God...

The one aspect of Easter that really captivates me is how Christ's resurrection inaugurated a new reality--the beginning of a redeemed creation. All things have new meaning as a result. 

In our culture I and I think a lot of others tend to think of new in terms of 'remade' or 'redesigned.' A new Camry is not an entirely new car--it's been remade and redesigned. Personally I do not often think of new in terms of something coming from nothing.

However God does this all the time: And because the midwives feared God, he gave them families. Exodus 1:21. As the midwives rejected Pharaoh's commands and by faith trusted God, he gave them families--children and husbands. His blessings and provision often come from what is not--they are completely and truly new. 

I am simply amazed by this reality and ability of God--I have seen it time and time again in my own life, and long for it to show up in those I lead. The things that I have most treasure in my life are nearly all the result of God doing something truly new in me. 

No comments: